MARCH 29 WHISTLE & TOOT HIKE. Hopefully someone from Anacortes will lead us on a hike in the Anacortes Forest Lands. 6.8 miles, 1600 ft el.gain. .Moderate A 3.41 mile self-guided option around Whistle Lake only is also available. Meet at 9 a.m. in the Whistle Lake Parking Lot-instructions below. You may leave when you return to the trailhead.
Driving instructions to Whistle Lake Parking Lot:
1. From Hwy 20 driving west to Anacortes, go all the way to Commercial Avenue and turn left (south) at the. round-about. Continue south, uphill, to Fidalgo Ave.
2. At Fidalgo Ave. turn left (east). Continue east for 3 1/2 blocks to St. Mary's Drive.
3. At St. Mary's Drive turn left (north). Continue for 1 block to Hillcrest Dr.
4. Turn right (east) onto Hillcrest Drive. Continue east to Whistle Lake Road.
5. Turn right (south) onto Whistle Lake Road. Continue south until Whistle Lake sign.
6. Follow signs to parking lot.
Read The Skagit Flyer, Our Newsletter
Skagit Audubon Society holds monthly meetings on the second Tuesday of each month except for the months of July and August. We meet at 7:00 pm at Padilla Bay Interpretive Center (Google map), 10441 Bayview-Edison Rd. Mount Vernon. Meetings are open to all.
The board of directors meets at the same location at 7:00 pm on the first Tuesday of each month, except for the months of July and August.